Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Profile In Courage

In response to the video watched in class today, the words cognitive dissonance clicked while I was watching it. Some observation's I had pointed to was the shift in setting of the music at particular scenes.
In the beginning of the movie I was automatically hooked because of the scene it started with which was a man in a wheelchair getting dressed. At this point my mind is automatic and images go though the back of my head about what I know from what I saw. I had a typical stereotype and my feelings toward the movie was pity. As I got into the movie other students had the same in mind as I did, the funny part is that within those minutes of my life, my notes were saying completely different from what I thought the moral of the video would be.
Another note was at one point the music seemed to send the message of realization for the USA player's and was a good and bad outcome for them.
  Wheelchair rug bee is a tough and dangerous game and it is considered an Olympic game, something new to my knowledge.
The history of each player was explained including Joe the coach for Canada who used to be USA. The stories were sad but despite their past or the choices made resulting their present physical state, the mood of the game was sweat, blood, and tear's!
Doing what other people thought you couldn't do and overcoming adversity is a huge message from the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment